Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Yum! (Should have eaten those prunes!)

One of the kids has had a bit of trouble with you-know-what. You know...the cure is lots of fiber. Lots and LOTS of fiber.

Miralax is working but too slowly. There are still bouts of bad cramping from being way too full and the pain lasts hours. Last night I went to buy an enema which provided enough relief for a good night's sleep. So besides increasing the amount of laxative (and water) and eating good sources of fiber, I've also made a batch of oat bran muffins. BUT, not just ANY oat bran muffins.

My recipe calls for a cup of applesauce. I don't happen to have any in the house. I could make some but didn't want to take that long. I do, however, have a bunch of pitted prunes that the kids don't like and a recipe for prune butter.

As my mom told me earlier..."Don't offer ME any." LOL

No comments: