Thursday, October 29, 2009

Drive by post

Just a quick post since it's been a while.

Last night as we left the supermarket I thought my brakes felt a bit different. Can't really describe it, but like a friend said once, it's like your child. You just know something's not quite right but you can't describe it in a way that makes sense to a mechanic.

This morning the brake light was on and wouldn't go off. So after school I picked up the kids and headed down to the mechanic. Thanks to the Big Prince (still need to find another name for him) we have a mechanic who specializes in our make of car and uses genuine parts. These new brakes are great! The old ones were new in June but squealed from the start. These are perfect. I can tell a real difference. Got an oil change too, while I was at it.

It's almost the weekend. The Boss has his first dance. There's a Halloween dance tomorrow night and he's going to be a clown. More Emmett style than Ronald. He's going to have to get ready at the club while the twins are doing taekwondo. It's over at 9 so I'll grab a supper for the Peanuts and me (make sure I have my new book along) and see if there's something we can do. But we'll probably have to head home. I can't really think of much to do up here in chilly weather that would be free. LOL

I love the new curtains on our terrace. The sun doesn't shine bright into the living room and since they have a lot of blue in them, it makes the terrace look cooler. It's been nice with the rain the last couple of days. I don't have to worry about my laundry getting wet again.

I still need to get a trimmer for the garden. It's getting hairy out there. I need to do something about it pretty quick before it needs an actual mower. I don't have room to store one and it's not big enough to require one. A week trimmer is all I really need out there. And maybe a rake to get rid of the cuttings. I have enough hair in the house without tracking that in.

Well, off to bed so I can get up tomorrow without too much trouble. But, hey, it's Friday. That thought alone energizes me.

1 comment:

Ella said...

Busy Lady.......Have a great weekend dear! Can't wait to see pics of the dance!
Blessings, GG