Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Shourabit Laham Mizankal (Meatball Soup)

1 small onion, grated
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. allspice
1-lb. ground beef or lamb
1/4 c. parsley (I used some dried flakes since I didn't have fresh)
1/4 c. butter
8-10 c. water
1 cinnamon stick (I used powder since I didn't have sticks...just to taste)
1/2 c. rice (I only use brown and it was soft and fluffy)
salt to taste
cinnamon

Place first 4 ingredients in bowl and mix, working the seasonings into the onions. Add meat and parsley (or flakes). Mix well then form into balls the size of a walnut.

Brown meatballs in butter in a large saucepan in the butter. Add a 1/2 c. of the water and stir a bit to unstick any that need it. Add the rest of the water, cinnamon stick, salt to taste, and rice. Bring to boil and then lower to simmer for about 40-45 minutes. No need to cover.

Serve with a dash of cinnamon on top.

Sahtayn!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh man, that is so easy to make! We are going to have to try it this winter! Thanks for posting the recipe Beth :o)