Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tired but good

I'm finally starting to think I might get a routine going at school and home. I've ignored my Flylady lists so far this week but for good cause. Cousin came yesterday and we waited quite a while for his friend to come and measure the terrace for the curtains. It was fun but I got nothing done. Nice for a change. Tonight was taekwondo and then a long chat with Baba on the phone. Tomorrow the kids are dismissed early so I'm scooting out as soon as school's out to pick them up. I really like Wednesday.

Tomorrow I should be able to knock off some of my detailed cleaning list. We've had a good supply of water lately and since I had a full tank at bedtime last night with no laundry today, I should be able to do a couple of loads tomorrow. I had to leave the last loads hanging in the living room since it was raining off and on all day today. Luckily I've gotten in the habit of bringing them in at night if they're not dry just in case it rains. I woke up to the sound of rain this morning and my first thought was, "Where's my laundry?!" See, I can use my noodle sometimes.

Yesterday was a good day with *that bunch*. Two were absent and one of my talkers (a really nice boy, just very social) had just lost a friend in a really stupid accident. {sigh} I would have enjoyed the quiet more if I hadn't been so horribly aware of the reason behind it. Poor kid. He was better today. He smiled more and seemed more focused. Yesterday the poor guy was just shell shocked.

Today went pretty well until the end. One of the *two* was back but he was focused, on-task, and asking questions. I don't know how long it'll last but I'll take it when I can get it. LOL The other was his usual self. One of my colleagues knew him at their old school. Apparently he's restraining himself so far. God help us all.

No comments: