Saturday, October 31, 2009

Rain, rain, don't go away

It's chilly and rainy...finally. Tonight Cousin came over with his kids and invited mine to spend the night. So it's just the girls and me. Poor Elektra just about comes undone if she hears someone outside. She's waiting for her two-legged, hairless puppies to come home where they belong. Poor puppy! Dora is just relieved that they're not dragging her from pillar to post.

I asked Cousin to take the suitcases with the winter clothes out of the attic and so I changed over my closet. I have to wait on the kids until they're here so I can try clothes on them. I think the Boss is in good shape because I went through his stuff before leaving Q8, but the Peanuts are another story. We got some nice hand-me-downs last night. Some are summer and some are winter clothes. The Diva is excited and would wear them all at the same time if I let her.

It's been raining since Thursday night/Friday morning. Last night on the way to taekwondo it was storming pretty bad. Big flashes of lightning and heavy rain. It was so fun! It was also a bit chilly so that's when I decided I needed a weekend project. (Like I really needed one. sigh)

After I try clothes on the twins tomorrow I'll have a better idea of what I need to buy them. There's a place I like near some other cousins. The cousin they're visiting also knows some good places to shop. The Boss has shirts coming out of his ears so I don't think we need much for him though his jeans might need to be replaced by spring.

I'm exhausted but I'm so happy that I finally get some real weather and seasonal change for a change. It could get cold in Q8 but last winter it never did and I really missed that. I could be eating my words in a few months but I don't care. I want weather!!!

Tomorrow I'm going to be naughty and skip church. I brought work home from school and didn't get to it today and was too tired tonight. Tomorrow morning is a good time to work on it and then I can go and get the kids. I wish I had a couple of Peanuts to snuggle with tonight but on the upside no one will be waking me up to tell me the sun's up.

Happy Reformation Day!

No comments: