Saturday, October 10, 2009

We've only been in school 2 weeks and I'm rethinking the staying home idea. I had a talk with my principal yesterday and something has to give. They're reworking the schedule so when I go in Monday I should have a new one and a different class list. The more disruptive students will (hopefully) be in individualized instruction while they get help with their behavior. One of them spent a day at the local police station where he was instructed on the downfalls of threatening women and another found out the hard way that you really do NOT want to physically attack a gym teacher. (Especially one as athletic and buff as ours.) Not to mention a principal who does not live in a country where he can be sued for self-defense.

If this new schedule works out I'll be so happy. I like my job, I've never felt so wanted at a school before, and the money will help us out quite a bit. I've been miserable for the last week but I'm hoping that will change soon. I need to be able to get more done at school (or at home before the kids get here) so I'm not writing lesson plans at 11 p.m.

It'll be nice, too, if I can have enough energy to get through my Flylady lists most days. The house is clean for the moment but that's because it's Saturday. I've been home all day except for getting water and taking the kids to taekwondo. I need to keep it this way during the week without killing myself.

Here's to revamped schedules.

No comments: