Monday, May 5, 2008

Heads Up 7 Up

At the request of Sharon I'm giving the rules for playing Heads Up 7 Up. Now you have to realize that I hadn't played this game since I was in elementary until I found myself stuck inside during a sandstorm (or maybe it was late enough in the year to be rain) with a bunch of 2nd grade girls. So if anyone out there has a more accurate description, please share it.

You choose 7 children to stand at the front of the room. You tell the rest of the class, "Heads down, thumbs up." The children at the front of the room go around the room and each will choose one child whose thumb they'll press down. After they've finished and return to the place in the front, you say, "Heads up, 7 up." All the children raise their heads and the 7 who had their thumbs pressed down stand up. They take turn guessing who pressed down their thumb. If they guess correctly they take that person's place at the front of the room. If they guess wrong, they sit back down and the person who picked them has another turn.

This game works well unless you're playing in a storm of orange sand that has parents freaking out and coming to get their kids. Then your numbers slowly dwindle until you don't have enough girls to play the game and the ones who are left are in tears.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thanks Beth! :) I had completely forgotten about this game that we played sometimes in elementary school.