Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I loved this post!

Molly,over at Adventures in Mercy had a terrific post today. Well, actually, yesterday, but it wasn't up yet when I went to bed last night. I don't think. Or maybe I last visited there in the afternoon. Anyway, it's terrific. This was my favorite part:

Cleaning toothpaste globs out of sinks despite the fact that you know they’ll grow back in two days or less, hugging tired cranky little boys instead of whopping them, choosing paint colors with your husband without succumbing to the desire to start screaming and throwing paint brushes at eachother—these are all ways that we make the every day moments sacred. Though there are hallowed moments where we fully direct our thoughts onto God, at the same time there are no moments that are not hallowed. For the follower of Christ, every moment is sacred, every act is sacred, every situation a place to be a tangible gift to others of His smile, His warm embrace, His nail-pierced hand.

Even when that Hand is in mine, scrubbing out blobs of toothpaste, picking up a pile of scattered hair clips, and wiping away runny dried up lines of pee going down the side of a toilet, deposited inadvertantly by a young boy who really wants to stand like his big brothers.
Oh, God. I really love Your Hands

Yes!

BTW, I just found another really good post to share with you so I'm adding it here. Check out Just About Anything for yet another good reason to practice that fruit of self-control.

3 comments:

AnneK said...

I was reading you in my reader and came over to comment that Molly's post seems really good and I am going over there to read it, and then I saw that you linked mine too! Thats very kind and thanks for the link love!

Thursday's Child said...

LOL

You're very welcome!

mrssaf said...

YES that is it!!! If we could only realize jesus does not stay IN the church but is reflected in ALL we do for everyone...