Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lunch at Aunt's-Yum!



We went to Aunt's house for lunch today. Of course, by the time I picked up the kids from camp, drove to Jiddo's house to pick him up, and then drove in the other direction to Aunt's house, and finally found a parking place, it was closer to 4 than noon. But it was worth the wait. And I only drank about a whole bottle of water. We had to drive from Jiddo's to Aunt's without the A/C on. Apparently the route I took wasn't good on the brakes and so I had to turn off the A/C if I wanted them to work by the time we got down the mountain to the city. I'm slowly figuring out this car.


We had a good time though. After lunch I crashed while the twins played with Jiddo and Ammo, and the Boss went with Aunt to visit one of Baba's cousins who's maybe a teenager by now. They didn't get back until after 7 and then we drove Jiddo home before heading back up the mountain.


It's funny. You don't normally find traffic lights over here. The few they have tend to be ignored. However since our last summer here they've installed several. But people don't quite know how to use them. They'll pull up almost into the intersection before they see the other traffic coming towards them and they decide to stop. They'll pull into the left turn lane and then honk and cut in front of people to get in the lane to go straight. Lanes aren't something they're real familiar with either. Typically those white broken lines are what you drive on to squeeze between two cars you want to pass. {sigh}


Tomorrow the Boss has taekwondo for two hours. That means 2 hours outside, in the "woods" so to speak, listening to my favorite podcasts. And there's a nice statue there. The twins like it too. The Diva gets all excited to go see Jesus. LOL



3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm drooling!

Nicole said...

What a great looking meal! What kinds of foods?

Your roads and drivers sound a bit scary!

Jen said...

Looks like yall had lovely meal