Sunday, July 6, 2008

Taekwondo and other stuff




This is where the kids do taekwondo. Although right now, it's just the Boss. The twins just go and watch. {sigh} They do great with taekwondo when it's free! Well, they do have to adjust to new surroundings and instructor and they're a bit shy until they warm up. I'm doing a stretching class there. It's similar to pilates. The instructor is a hunk but don't let those good looks and nice disposition fool you. I think he wants to kill me. My muscles are sure of it. This building used to be a hotel and then a school. It's still owned by the church/retreat-like center next door. This is now the sports club.

We missed church today. We were all dressed and ready to go. I'd painted the Diva's toenails after she saw me paint mine and wanted hers done too. We'd had our breakfast and were all ready to head out. Then, as I was starting the car a man came up and spoke to me rather urgently in Arabic and was pointing at the car. Specifically, at the front of my car...a little down. I got out to look and, you've probably guessed it, I had a flat tire. So, back down we went. The Boss and A went to our friend's garage to see if he was there. He's usually closed on a Sunday but I figured it wouldn't hurt to check in case he had some kind of emergency to work on. He wasn't. So after starting the new Dora DVD so the twins wouldn't be trying to head out with us, the Boss and I walked to the Total station. The manager said the owner wasn't there but to call back in an hour. I got his number and we headed home.

My husband taught me how to change a tire when we were first married. But that was 12 years ago on a Chevy Corsica and I haven't had to do it since. Plus, I'm driving a Range Rover here. It's just so...heavy! Literally! It weighs more than the average SUV.

So I called the owner and he said he'd bring someone over to change it. They're both very nice and the owner knew my neighbors who were just getting back from church. When they were finished I asked how much I owed him and he said to just give the guy who worked for him a tip. The guy who fixes tires isn't there today since it's Sunday so until tomorrow I have no spare tire. I plan to head there before heading down the mountain to check the tire pressure in all the tires to (hopefully) prevent any problems that would require a spare spare. LOL

We're heading to Burger King. It's been almost 2 weeks since I've had fast food. I've lost no weight but that's because I've only had 2 of those classes so far. But you'd think those hills on my walks would count for something. I'll just make sure I eat salad tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next day...

Summer camp starts Tuesday. The kids will be there from 9-2 everyday, M-F. They really enjoy it. The twins used to cry every morning last summer but by the time I got to the car they'd stopped. When it was time to pick them up, they were glad to see me but in no hurry to head home. They remember swimming and going to the water parks on the field trips. The Boss is eager to meet up with his old friends. Some just from camp and some from when he went to 2nd grade there.

Last summer we picked up a brochure and the Boss was in one of the pictures. This year I picked up one and there's another one. The Little Prince is in one and we couldn't find the Diva. We looked extra hard and we decided the top of a head we barely see behind another kid's head must be hers. It's the same pic that her twin is in and we figured she would have been fairly close to him for circle time. At least, that's what we're telling her anyway.

http://www.bhs.edu.lb/

BTW, I'm back from the birthday party now and I didn't eat there. (Except the birthday cake but I'm not sure I'll count that-LOL.) I'm feeling a little proud of myself. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a day that was. Isn't not eating the fattening stuff just incredibly difficult sometimes. :) I would love to put my little one in Tae Kwondoe (sp?) someday.

Unashamed said...

One of the perks of being married to a guy who sells tires for a living is never having to change my own tires. I have never actually changed one in my whole life (although if I ever had to I suppose I could. I'd just grumble about it.)