Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our Lady of Lebanon

Well, things are winding down. Only a few more days until we're back in Kuwait. I'm starting to look forward to it. While I hate the idea of leaving here for the sandpit, it'll be good to be back home with Baba and I'm starting to get eager to see my friends from school, meet my new girls, and get back into a routine again. I've been trying to be as routine-less as possible over the summer. I'm even starting to miss that too.

Friday the kids got their vaccines. Not too surprisingly, the Little Prince had a fever Saturday night/Sunday morning. He also threw up Sunday morning but that was probably due more to the fever. But he's complained ever since of a tummy ache. Yesterday we drove up to Harisa to Our Lady of Lebanon. On the way back down he started crying that his tummy really hurt and then he threw up in the floorboard. He felt better later (but still had the tummy ache) and even felt like eating lunch. His doctor told me what to give him for the tummy ache and it seemed to help. Last night we met friends for supper but the twins ate while the Boss and I were at his taekwondo class. So they just kind of munched on a few things. He got sick in the car on the way home. No heat involved then and he hadn't eaten much. I'm just hoping that he gets over this soon. He acts fine most of the time in spite of the tummy ache. I'm getting really puzzled. I'll take him to the dr Friday morning if it's not gone by then.



Here are pics from Harisa. She was built facing out over the sea. But during some heavy fighting during the civil war, she suddenly turned to face Beirut. Apparently the Vatican has sent people to investigate and they can't figure out how it happened.

Here is the statue up close.





















Here is what you can see from the top of the platform.
























































Here she is one last time.

5 comments:

AnneK said...

The view looks great! Have a safe trip to Kuwait!

Lutheran Lucciola said...

I would love to go to Lebanon some time. I have known Maronite friends throughout the years, and always liked hanging out with them.

Unknown said...

What beautiful views! I had never heard of this stautue. Interesting story!

Hope your little Prince is all better.

In response to your comment at my blog:
Shame on you for making my mouth water for something that is so bad for me!! The cinnamon roll idea sounds like something I could go for right now! Just not good for the ol' blood sugar problem!

a soldiers wife said...

Such a beautiful view! Thanks for sharing with us :)

I hope all have recovered from their immunizations now.

Rita Loca said...

I love that you share your view with us!