Monday, August 18, 2008

Math Call to 911

This brings back memories! When the Boss was 5 Jiddo came to visit us for a few months in the States. One night Baba called from work to check on things and Jiddo said things were fine and mentioned that the sheriff had been there. Baba asked him why and he said maybe he needed directions. Yeah, right! A deputy with a MAP would need to ask a Lebanese man who doesn't speak English for directions. Baba called the sheriff's office and gave his address and said that a deputy had been there and asked what was wrong. The woman said, "Oh, we always send a car out when a child calls 9-1-1." That night we asked the Boss why he called. He said, "I wanted to talk to a policeman." I told him from now on, that since we made weekly trips to the library, which was in City Hall and across the foyer from the police station, anytime he wanted to talk to a policeman to just let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was sooo funny. I laughed my head off...we were in an emergency situation once and someone told my g'ma to call 9-1-1 and she said..."ok, what's the number?" That one really cracked me up..:)

Thanks for putting me on your favorites...I'm going to put you on mine as well..It sounds like you have an exciting life. :)

Mary said...

Cute! I have lived overseas several times (we were military, and always tried to live in town, not on the base) and yes, you learn a lot by travelling!

Debbie Haughland Chan said...

Both the video and your story are priceless! Thanks for sharing.