Friday, May 23, 2008

After so many weeks of faithful worship we missed church this morning. It felt strange but I didn't feel too guilty. We had good reason.

First of all, the Boss has a French exam Sunday (it's the beginning of the end of year exams) and he just doesn't have the stuff down yet. The Diva has had a cough since Wednesday night and I keep expecting her to get worse. The Little Prince woke up stuffy and complaining of a tummy ache and sore throat. I gave them both Claritin and I gave the Diva a suppository that has a real good expectorant in it (lasts for 12 hours). Then after a couple of hours Prince was complaining of being cold (it's 100+ outside) so I took his temp and it was 100.4. So I gave him some Panadol. When he was running around hitting his sister I knew it was time to head for McDonald's. LOL

We've been avoiding the place on Fridays per Baba's request. First, it's not healthy. Second, for the price of ONE value meal I can buy schwarma for all of us (and we usually eat 2-3 each). But they now have a promotion. With each large value meal you get a free Coke glass shaped like their cans. When I pointed it out to Baba last night, he said, "So take them." So we went and got 4 meals. The twins shared one and when they begged for their toys (stuffed Looney Tunes characters) the lady was nice and gave them a couple. So the Prince has Bugs Bunny and the Diva has Tweety. Prince wanted Road Runner but they only had these two. Oh, well. We might have to go back for more glasses sometime so maybe we'll try another location and he can get his Road Runner.

While we were there we met another mom there with her kids. She's Lebanese, grew up in Kuwait, and married to an American. Her daughter is a couple of years younger than the Boss and the little boy is a year younger than the twins. They had fun playing and we had fun chatting. We traded phone numbers and talked until they kicked us out for a birthday party starting soon.

I think I'm having salad for supper tonight...and calling my neighbor to see about heading to the gym this weekend. LOL

2 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Sometimes you just gotta do it for the kids!

Elephantschild said...

You said "schwarma" and now my mouth is watering.

Waaaah, waaaah.