Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes...and 10 year-olds

I'm still trying to figure out the alarm on the Range Rover. It doesn't help when you have 4 year-olds who like to mess with things they shouldn't.

Tonight on the way home from taekwondo I had to stop at the store. While down in the city today I forget one thing and didn't like my choices of the other two things I didn't get so planned this little stop for tonight. I didn't want it to take long so the kids stayed in the car. (Lebanon is still a country where you can do that.) I parked, left the windows open, and locked the car, which activates the alarm.

While I was shopping I heard the most horrendous alarm going off outside. I recognized it as my alarm. {sigh} I got lucky and found a cashier ready for me when I walked up. I paid and hurried out. The poor Boss was sticking his head out the window of a Range Rover with lights flashing. I started laughing and he yelled, "It's not funny!"

Apparently while I was in the store The Little Prince had tried to open one of the doors. Even though it has a child lock on it, it still managed to set off the alarm. "Everyone was looking weirdly at us," complained the Boss. I told him that being totally embarrassed occasionally is good for us. "It keeps us humble," I said. His response?

"I don't want to be humble!"

3 comments:

AnneK said...

Well, at least he knows what he wants!

Nicole said...

LOL!!! Perfect answer! I wouldn't want to be humble either if that meantu being stuck in a loud car with people staring at me :P

a soldiers wife said...

LOL :) too cute!