Friday, August 1, 2008

Last night we went to the kids' godbrother's birthday party. He turned 8 and they had his party at the sports club at his school. There were 2 lifeguards there but the pool was deeper than I cared for. The twins weren't big enough to have their heads above water if they stood on the bottom.

I was very happy that the Little Prince had fun. A couple of weeks ago one of the monitors put him in the water at the water park and his head went under. He hasn't wanted to get in a pool since unless I was along. So he had a blast with the lifeguards holding him and then when he discovered the noodles, he was in heaven!

He was swimming happily along with the noodles and so was the Diva. They also enjoyed floating in the big flower.
























But then, disaster struck. The nice lifeguard decided to have some fun with the twins. He swam under the flower and capsized it, sending the twins not just in the water, but under the water. Oh, no! There goes any chance of the Little Prince ever wanting to go back in the water again! But, after chewing out the lifeguard royally (is there any other way?) the Little Prince helped him flip the flower back over and he was happy again to have his favorite perch. And the Diva? Well, she was royally ticked off. You don't dunk the Diva!!!

After playing and swimming for an hour, the kids were called out of the pool and the it was time to blow out the candles on the cake.
























After the candles were blown out it was time to eat. (Notice how a lot of my posts since arriving here have to do with food or at least mention it?)































If there's one thing you can count on if you ever visit Lebanon? You'll never go hungry.

After we got home it was time for the twins to hit the shower. They must have played another hour in the tub and then they still pitched fits at having to get out. And the Boss? He had a blast...that kid is a fish. He could spend all day in the pool if he was allowed. Soon the twins will be the same way. Oh, wait...the Diva already is. Remember how many times the lifeguard at the water park a few weeks ago had to retrieve her because she "wasn't ready"? I'm thinking we'll have the same problem the next time we go.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh man... if anyone dunked me under the water when I was younger I got extremely upset and ticked off... even now if someone was to dunk me under I would want to strangle them and would probably go after them. I feel sorry for your twins. What a crummy lifeguard. He is supposed to make them feel safe and not freak the doodle out of them...

Thursday's Child said...

In his defense, I must say he was a very nice guy and when he realized they were upset held onto both of them while the Little Prince uprighted the flower. He felt kind of bad for it. If it hadn't been for Prince's experiences earlier, I would have been laughing my head off.