
Today was church. All 3 kids went to Sunday School to see the Easter Bunny (Lent is barely mentioned in our church). The man who usually translates was teaching SS this week so there was no translation until the sermon, when his brother-in-law came in. He did a good job.
After church we went to the cousins' house. Lunch was fantastic, as usual. We had kebab, baked kibbi, yogurt/cucumber salad, and French fries. I ate way too much. The Little Prince said he only wanted to eat a little bit and then saw the yogurt and cucumbers. He said, "I want too much." "I thought you only wanted a little bit." "I changed my mind." So he ate a plate full of yogurt and cucumber and some fries. His cousin got him to eat a few bites of kibbi, which was enough to convince him that I could make some later this week. The Diva ate more...she loves kebabs and ate them with yogurt and cucumbers and kibbi and fries.
The Boss did pretty well with his stomach. He managed to restrict himself to just a few fries...enough to satisfy the taste for them but not enough to risk upsetting his stomach with the fat. He enjoyed the kebabs, kibbi, and yogurt/cucumbers.
I pretty much cleaned up after them after eating my plate and then was urged (wasn't hard to do) to eat more kebabs. I have no problem indulging at Sunday lunches with the cousins. I just have a light snack later instead of supper to make up for it. Just enough to keep from waking up hungry...which either results in lack of sleep from lying there wishing I had eaten something before bed or getting up and stuffing something I really shouldn't into my mouth. Neither of which is particularly appealing.
I managed to get the Peanuts to bed on time. Unfortunately they were still awake more than 2 hours later due to falling asleep in the car. Just long enough for a strong second wind. They'll pay for it in the morning. We all will.
I'm still catching up on The God Whisperers. I'm now on the episode where they enjoy the chocolate bacon bar. Sounds divine, so to speak. So now I'm into Advent with them. Which means I'm missing hearing about Bacon Mondays for Lent until well past Lent. Unless I remember to listen to them during my walks instead of music. Just always forget until after the walk.
My student should come tomorrow. Unless, of course, her allergies are bothering her.
I'd better get to bed. I have to start changing the closets over. I'm sure it'll start raining as soon as I do and get cooler, but it's so warm now that I don't care. I'll pack away the heavy clothes, leave some long sleeves out, and just take my chances. Tonight the windows are open and it's not chilly. I tempted to try leaving them open all night...or at least mine. That way I don't have to get up and close all of them in the middle of the night. Although if I had some chocolate bacon bars stashed somewhere it would give me the right chance to sneak one without the kids catching me.
No comments:
Post a Comment