Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fast food delivery and home security system



Tonight the kids got taken to the doctor's for a cough. His Saturday hours are late so their appointment wasn't until 5:20. We got in to see him a little after 5:30...not bad for a winter weekend. By the time we got home it was late to start cooking so we ordered from Malak al Taouk, where they have HUGE shish taouk sandwiches. Just one is a meal and since I've started losing weight I rarely finish one anymore. I end up handing it off to the Boss to finish for me.

When you call your info shows up on their computer so they know who to deliver to. Usually they ask me something like, "You're in ..., right?" Tonight the question was, "You're the one with the dog, right?" Which led to a conversation about her Pit Bull and Bichon Frise at home. (And I thought a German Shepherd and a Persian cat was a eye raising combo around here.)

For some reason, whenever someone rings the doorbell at our house, half the time I find them halfway back up the stairs when I open the door. The delivery guys are usually still in front of the door but with rather wide eyes and looking a tad pale. Gee, I wonder why?

2 comments:

Ella said...

Awww.. He/She ??? is adorable.

Nicole said...

Awwww, I would not be scared of your dog! So, it's not common for people to have dogs where you live?