Thursday, January 21, 2010

Good things happening



I can't believe I forgot to blog about this!

DH has invited his cousins' kids (a girl a year younger than the Boss and a boy a year younger than her) to come with us to the States. They got their passports last week and this week they had their interview at the embassy. They got their visas! Whoohoo! We're all so excited. They're great kids and will be fun to have along. I'm not sure I'd do it without DH though. We'll have to travel there and back without him, but it could be good to have them along to help herd the Peanuts. They follow them like baby ducks. I'll definitely use that to my advantage.

It's been raining since Monday. Today was a beautiful day! It was sunny and I could leave my jacket in the car while I did my grocery shopping. It turned cold again in time to pick up the kids at school and started raining. The Boss's umbrella got broken at school so we had to get him a new one. This one has a plastic cover that slides down so he can take it in with him instead of leaving it outside.

I should have gone to Charcutier Aoun. My grocery list was long enough to warrant it, but I went to one in Beit Mery instead. I ended up going to 3 supermarkets to get everything I wanted. The last one was for the cat food, cereal, and toilet paper. I could have gotten the last two items at any of the 3 but forgot to write them on the list. The cat food is an Italian brand that our vet sells in his office so I figure it's good enough. Plus it's much cheaper than the Purina we were feeding her. I downloaded a bunch of cat food recipes the other day. I need to read through them and do as much as I can to save even more money.

SIL is back. She just completed her first cruise as a paid deck hand on a Greenpeace boat. I haven't told the kids. She's coming up after school tomorrow and I can't wait to see their reaction when they open the door and find her there. She's going to have presents with her (hopefully no marbles this time) and she said she brought me more of that chocolate from Amsterdam I like. Yippee!

No walking this week. To make up for it you'd think I'd dig out the pilates DVDs or something, right? Nope. Made an apple pie Monday and carrot cake yesterday. At least I think the carrot cake isn't as fattening. Right?

The next 2 nights the Boss has taekwondo. We missed Tuesday due to too much homework to get done with a couple of hours away from home. But for the next two evenings I'll have plenty of time to read with my Kindle. The twins usually take something to color or play with and I'll have my toy this time. Right now I'm reading The 5,000 Year Leap. It's very good and I'm learning so much about the Founding Fathers. The Boss needs to read this book.

I forgot to keep an eye on the gas tank for the chauffage. I had the Boss turn it on and quite a while later, when I should have been feeling nice and warm, I was cold. I felt the radiator and it was cold. I went to the basement and our chauffage wasn't running and when I checked the gas it was almost empty. I called the Big Prince (I know, I know) and he's going to call the guy to make a delivery tomorrow. He's also sending someone to fix the blinds in the Peanuts' room so I can close them. That should keep the room warmer at night and help with sleeping in on the weekends.

I need to tweak my weekly routine to make more time for me during the day. I'm doing a lot of good around the house but need some time between housekeeping and starting lunch/supper for the kids so I can relax. Otherwise I'm less patient (though MUCH better than when I was teaching) and end up surfing online instead of studying the Bible, confessions, or listening to good Lutheran programming online (while I cross stitch). Right now I just look forward to folding laundry so I can listen. LOL

Our stereo needs to be fixed. The CD player doesn't work and neither does the cassette. No matter what it's set on, it only plays the radio. I want to plug my adapter into the cassette player to hear my computer better when I'm listening to a podcast. I'll be able to listen from the kitchen while I cook! Maybe even have the washing machine on. Yeah!

Well, it's after midnight and I have a couple of Peanuts sleeping in my bed. If I want to enjoy snuggling I'd better get to it.

2 comments:

Unashamed said...

When are you coming back?

Thursday's Child said...

We'll be there this summer. I don't know if we'll stay there only as long as Baba does or if we'll stay longer. Definitely back for the start of school.