Monday, January 18, 2010


The forecast is for rain through Friday. Actually it stops at Friday, which has rain and a lightning bolt in the graphic, so who knows how long the rain is supposed to hang around. Even Elektra is tired of it and this is only the first day of it.

It's cold tonight and the wind is blowing like crazy. It started around 5 or so. All of a sudden it sounded horrible. The Boss and I rearranged a few things on the terrace so they would be under more cover than on the edge. The Peanuts were mostly unaware of it...playing and arguing happily.

Today I made an apple pie. I made the filling yesterday and today I made the crust. It's yummy! It was a hit with the kids too. So the kids got lucky tonight...homemade pizza (whole wheat crust) and apple pie. Mom is spoiling them.

Tomorrow we get more water so I have a couple of loads to do. Just need to make sure I can wash the cloths Wednesday that I use for cleaning the bathrooms. I like to pop them right in the washer as I use them. While the water situation has improved with the new pipe installed, I still have to watch how much I use. It's a good habit to be in.

Tonight the cousins came over. We're taking the kids with us to the States this summer, hopefully. They have their appointments at the embassy in the morning and we had to fill out the applications online so I could print them. Except for a couple of questions that had me wondering, "Huh?" {these are forms for the U.S. government, you know} it was pretty easy. All the kids are excited. We're hoping that everything goes smoothly.

I loaded some more CDs onto my iPod last night, including a kids' CD in Arabic. The songs are adorable and the kids love them. I have a few discs missing. The cases are empty because I'd put them in this one holder and now I don't know where they've gone. Hmmm. Gonna have to do something about that.

Today I sat down with my new study Bible before posting on one forum. That thing is just incredible! The information in there is tremendous. Once I get my routine running smoothly where I can get things done pretty quickly and have more time for me, I'm going to really dive into that baby.

Well, it's past my bedtime. Before I say "good night", the picture above is of Jbeil, otherwise known as Byblos, the oldest inhabited city in the world. It's right up the coast. We enjoyed a day at the beach there this summer. Too bad it's too far away from the farm for us to make a trip there next summer. LOL

No comments: