Friday, January 25, 2008

More Snow in Kuwait!

Yesterday was Snow Day at school. They used styrofoam to make the snow. The kids loved it and I had a ton of styrofoam in my hair, clothes, classroom! It was a fun day. They seemed to think all teachers and other staff were fair game. If you were anywhere near a kid, watch out for "snow". But the high point had to be when the fire alarm went off during dismissal. There weren't a lot of kids left and the ones who were there were playing and parents were taking pics with their cell phones. Then the alarm went off. We had to evacuate and head across the street, not easy with all the cars coming and going. Turns out it was the smoke machine that was making it snowy and frosty in the playground.

I got to school late yesterday due to a trip to the dr. with all 3 kids. The Little Prince was coughing before bed the night before so I gave him something for it. Then at 3 a.m. the Boss woke up crying with the pain in his ear. I gave him ibuprofen for it and he went back to sleep in my bed. The twins were already there and the Diva woke up and started barking. So we came home with 3 plastic bags of medicine. I only missed one class and a few minutes of the next one...just in time to give the girls their math test.

Last night we had a family outting to the grocery store. Why did I ever think it would be fun? Sometimes I have huge brain farts. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

So we're staying home from church today since we'd just bother people with our coughing and snorting. We watched the "Jesus and the Children" video and keeping the TV on Smile of a Child. While the twins nap the Boss and I will watch an episode of Grace to You TV I downloaded the other night.

The exercise challenge is going well. I walk 30 minutes everyday at school while the girls have either Arabic or Islam. I put my iPod to good use between drives to and from work and the walking. While I'm on break I'll load J and the twins in the car and head to the park. They can play and I can walk. The days aren't so cold now...just chilly so a jacket and exertion should do the trick.

2 comments:

Beth/Mom2TwoVikings said...

Hey, Beth! You are doing GREAT with the walking! How many minutes did ya' do this week so I can add them to the ticker?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the sickies going on in your house. The snow sounds spectacular though. What a great idea.