Saturday, January 26, 2008

Still Sick!

The kids left the clinic on Thursday with a ton of medicine. The only one who seems better is the Boss. The twins are still full of crud and the Diva has trouble sleeping with her coughing. The Little Prince does better but his nose is always so full. The night before last their fever shot up so I gave them each a Tylenol suppository since they tend to throw up medicine when their fever is high. Since children's Panadol and ibuprofen is usually a nice, bright red or pink, it's also not easy on whatver they're wearing and sitting on. Besides the Diva (who can NOT be my daughter) has decided she's given up Panadol. She covers her mouth and says, "I not sick!" So I give her a choice between that or a suppository. She chooses the suppository! And both of them are just as willing to take this medicine for their coughs that come in suppository form (it's that "g" word that's in Tussin and Mucinex). Otherwise they're both pretty good about taking medicine.

Well the Boss is back at school. I had to go in and pay on his tuition and I bought him a new pair of school pants. The other pair has had the crotch sewn up so many times it's not even funny and it can't fit properly now. He keeps trying to do the splits in them. I told him to stop! Now I'll just use the old pair as a spare for if the new ones aren't dry yet or something. Hopefully, since the last pair lasted all last year and half of this one, we'll be good through June '09.

The weather isn't so bad during the day. I went to the park yesterday and walked to John MacArthur. I plan to go back today. Again I'll have to leave the twins at home until they're over this stuff, but I'm hoping that soon they'll be able to go along and play with J while I walk.

BTW, I've walked about 5 1/2 hours in the last 2+ weeks. I've decided to add 30 minutes on Saturday at the park whether I'm in school or not. So Sun-Thurs at school (except the next 2-Yeah!) and then Sat. at the park. If kids are well, they go along. So that should be 3 hours a week.

So why aren't I getting skinnier? Probably that trip to McDonald's this weekend. LOL

3 comments:

Rita Loca said...

Sorry the kiddos are sick!

Sheree said...

Oh MY!!! I didn't even know that you could get the 'g' stuff in suppository form!! I knew about the tylenol but its really hard to find around here. And why do they make medicine with bright colors that stain everything when they come back up?!

I hope your darlings get to feeling better soon!

Sharon said...

I hope everyone is feeling much better!