This week was Reading Week at school. One day the elementary coordinator read a story to my girls. The other days she came in with a prize for the girl who'd read the most that day. Today we had a parade. The kids were adorable. They could dress up as characters from the book the class was reading or as a character from a story they read.
My class was reading "Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type". This is a book that the Boss got from his godmother a few years ago and it's in our reading book this year that my girls are using. I'd read it to them at the beginning of the year. I'd gotten it from the library without realizing it was in our reading book. When they realized it was in our book they kept track of how much longer till we read it. So I had one cow today, two Farmer Browns, a bunch of chickens (one girl had plastic eggs with her), and a tiger and a lion-not in the original story. LOL It didn't occur to us to make a sign showing what story, class, etc. so we walked down the hall chanting, "Click, clack, moo. Click,clack, moo. Clickity, clack, moo."
Well, this post is short because I'm freezing. I'm wearing long underwear under my sweats and I'm still half frozen. Last night I had all 3 kids in bed with me under a heavy blanket (warmer than my comforter) and the comforter over it just to be warm enough to go to sleep. Turns out at 7 a.m. today it was -1C (30F). All those sweet, warm bodies. I had to sleep on my side so I could get up early but tonight I'd be willing to sleep in the middle...more sweetness around me :)
1 comment:
Awww, sounds cozy. It was freezing here too!
Post a Comment