Well, it's been a busy week. Thursday I got lucky and didn't have to bake a cake. The twins wanted to wait until their little friend could join them for cake and he and his family were busy all weekend. He's the only little friend they have near their age. There are some kids close to their age at church but we don't know them well enough to not feel like we're just inviting them for the presents, KWIM? I'd love to invite them over for cake and playtime but no one just shows up with a gift for that. I wouldn't want them to feel like they'd have to get a gift for 2 kids that they don't THAT well. Next year the twins will (hopefully) be more involved in Sunday School (right now they'd rather stay with me so they're not really getting to know other kids too well) and they'll be in school so they'll have classmates to take cake to school for. (The poor Boss is sooo jealous...he has a July birthday.)
We're also in the process of moving. I've been typing that for a while now, I think. DH had to work Friday all day and until very late so he just slept at the office. He came home fairly early on Saturday, took a nap, and got a call to go back into work. Sunday we got most of the canned/boxed food moved over as well as most of what's in the hutch. He took over a load or two yesterday of stuff but you can't tell by looking around the house that anything's missing. Oh, no! So I told him last night when he asked what next to go ahead and pack up the kitchen, stove, etc. As long as I have stuff to make our lunches for the next in whatever house we're sleeping in, I'm good. We can just eat schwarma every night. (Healthy, Middle Eastern fast food. :) )Hopefully that'll happen. We need to get this going. We're still without a maid, he's been working like crazy, the Boss was sick a couple of days and finally went back to school today...we need to get our rears in gear.
No comments:
Post a Comment