I don't think it's ever taken so long for me to move in my life! OK, last weekend I was hoping to get a good start on this move a few blocks away. Just a few blocks away. Not down the highway and halfway to "up north". Within walking distance, for crying out loud. Well, DH had to work all day Friday and late into the night. So he slept at the office and came the next morning. He planned to take a nap and then we'd work on packing and moving non-essentials. Before his nap was over he got called into work. He comes home (a much shorter day this time) with a horrible headache. He takes Panadol, it doesn't work. Then he takes Advil, it doesn't work either. He has high BP so I asked if he'd checked it that day. He checks it and it's 152/106. He's tempted to take another BP pill but we don't know if it's safe. So he calls a doctor where he normally goes who tells him that the BP meds aren't to lower the BP but to help control it. So taking it wouldn't help. He's more concerned about the headache though. It's severe but didn't come on suddenly. It started in and just kept getting progressively worse. He said the BP goes up in reaction to some kind of stress or the body fighting something. So probably the headache was causing the rise in BP rather than the other way around. (Or something to that effect.)
I suffered with bad headaches for years. My doctor called them atypical migraines because while they didn't follow the usual symptoms for migraines, they were severe. Imagine a fat drill boring into the side of your head. Nothing would make them go away. The (I thought) strong meds I was given didn't get rid of them. They lessened them, perhaps, but they didn't go away. They'd just be gone by the time I got up the next morning. When I was pregnant with the twins I more trouble with neck pain than headaches but Tylenol just doesn't do anything for me, except when fever's involved. I started seeing a chiropractor and the headaches stopped. The only headaches I'd get would be those caused by colds, etc. and they'd go away when I took cold meds (with Tylenol in them for good measure). Since I've been 2 1/2 years without seeing my chiro they've returned. Last spring I couldn't stand the idea of going to work, I had one so bad. I stayed home and went to the clinic. They gave me Norgesic, a mix of Panadol (what they call Tylenol over here) and a muscle relaxant, and another pill that has caffeine and something else I've forgotten the name of. They work great! If it's bad enough I have to try to nap to help them work, but they go away with just the meds too. So DH tried my pills. The doctor had said to try some caffeine anyway. He laid down for maybe half and hour and got up and said it was almost gone. He wanted me to write down the name of the stuff. LOL
The next day the Boss was sick with fever and aches so he stayed home from school. We got a load taken over to the house though and the kids were able to see the place for the first time.
It wasn't until last night that we were able to finally go see the furniture that DH wants to get. We're getting a new bed and closet for our bedroom. The new one is smaller than the old bedroom but we're getting a master bath so who cares? LOL We're getting a small dresser for the TV with a couple of drawers. The twins are getting bunk beds. I don't like them for little ones, but the top bunk has a rail on the side and I can count, probably, on one hand the number of times they've fallen out of bed. I just wonder who'll win the fight over the top bunk. Probably him but she loves to climb so they'll have to be watched to keep them from playing up there. Yikes! But we're getting them a closet big enough for all their clothes (rather than the dresser and small closet they have now) so they'll have more room. Their room will be smaller too, but at least the Boss's room will be a decent size now rather than the cramped one he has now.
We also discovered that 2 of the 4 doors on the extra cabinet in the kitchen don't open. I can work around that if necessary. At least I'll have decent counter space with outlets nearby and a bigger space to work in. The maid will finally have room for a bed in her room...she'll be here sometime after we're moved in so she won't have to contend with the one we have now. DH got her an army cot so it can be moved easily to open/close the door. Can't do that when it's in it's place for sleeping. But it's an improvement anyway.
DH is planning on borrowing our friend's van. He's the friend who refinishes/reupholsters used furniture and sales it. He also find new stuff that's being sold cheap for whatever reason and sales it. He did our living room furniture for us and it's gorgeous. The recliner doesn't go with the set but you can't tell because they're covered in the same fabric and they look made to go together. His brother will do our curtains for the place as well...at least for the living room anyway. He plans to start bringing the bedroom furniture over and then we can move clothes, etc. Hopefully he can avoid the office enough this weekend to allow us to get a lot done. I'd love to get moved this weekend. But after going to bed at 1 a.m. and getting up at 5 a.m., I plan on some serious sleeping in Friday morning! I've got to get this move done! Ugh! But if my Bedouin neighbor lady keeps sending food over for us, at least I won't have to cook much. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment