Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cheap babysitter

Tonight I had to go to the grocery store so I took the dog along with us so she wouldn't get bored at home. I dropped the Boss off at taekwondo with his friend and then the twins and I headed to Sultan Center. Elektra was OK while we were in the store and then when I went to get gas I didn't have enough. So I went back to TSC to use the ATM and just left the twins in the car with her. When I came out there were men standing around on the sidewalk pointing at my car and laughing. Apparently after recovering from the initial shock of a huge dog barking and growling at them (the windows were cracked for air) they got a big kick out of a big German Shepherd guarding 2 little ones. I tell you, no one messes with my babies when their nanny is around. LOL

Then we stopped at a friend's house. When I dropped my mobile one too many times a month ago I had to switch phones until I can get a new one. When I moved my SIM card from it to the borrowed one I lost all my phone numbers. I stopped by today to get her number again. Elektra was NOT happy about being left outside without the twins again. But she forgave us quickly enough. Then there was a football (real, not American) at the club where the Boss does taekwondo so traffic was a pain, but we didn't get stuck at least. One of the boys and his dad from taekwondo couldn't get out so they went to the game instead. That's one of doing it.

Then we stopped off for schwarma and I got my mixed sandwich...falafel and eggplant. Yum! I got extras for our lunches tomorrow so I just had to make popcorn to go with it (healthier than chips).

I should be reading my Bible and heading to bed early. But I'm having too much fun with The Wittenberg Trail. Now if I could just figure out how to get their badge on my sidebar. Help, Lutheran ladies?

1 comment:

Rita Loca said...

The schwarma sounds great. We used to get great ones in Venezuela from a Lebanese family.