Monday, March 17, 2008

Well, we're in it.

Well, we're in the new place. We didn't get to sleep there Thursday or Friday nights. We just didn't get everything in there in time. We slept there Saturday night though. The kids all shared a mattress on a box spring and DH and I slept on a mattress on the floor. Not very comfortable. After a couple of days carrying things up and down stairs my bad ankle was killing me. I called in sick yesterday (Sunday) because it was throbbing and I wasn't even out of bed yet! Then I found my drugs and I was able to function but I didn't think that I needed to be walking a class around a 4 story school though. So now everything is in the new place. It looks like tornados have hit it, but at least it's all in there.
I planned to post pics of the old place for before/after pics. Now that we're in we don't have our phone line. DH needs to change that over but not before he gets the new furniture put together and everything done there. Then we're getting DSL! Whoohoo! So unless I remember to store pics on a thumbdrive and bring it school with me, I'll have to wait and post pics after we have internet again.
Poor Elektra is just about beside herself. I took her to the old place yesterday morning to use the computer and when she saw through the open door that the place was empty she freaked out. She tried to run away. She got downstairs, found the closed door at the bottom and came back up and stood in a panic in front of the elevators waiting for them to open up. I finally had to just chase into the place. She paced and was anxious so I had to lie down next to me, which she didn't mind at all.
I think she'll be more comfortable in the new place as soon as everything's put away and it looks a little more "normal".
Last night she growled at the Little Prince. She loves the twin and will guard them with her life. But last night he was chasing his sister around the living room at the old place and yelling at her and Elektra didn't like that. So she gave him a piece of her mind. Didn't snap at him, just barked/growled to let him know he'd better cut that out. So I guess she has a favorite puppy. LOL Just shows how much she loves them and they love her. Our Kuwaiti neighbors would just about freak out when they'd see the twins kissing her on the head. They just don't understand what good members of the family dogs can be when you have kids.
Well, I'm back at school today, got grading done, lesson plans done, newsletter turned in and being translated. I'm relaxing while listening to Nancy Leigh DeMoss's series on The Lord's Prayer. Excellent. She just quoted Luther's Small Catechism. Smart lady. LOL
Well, I'm off to work at getting ahead on some more lesson plans.

4 comments:

Unashamed said...

Catching up on all your excitement...

Hope that you get settled in to the new place soon. There's no getting around it, moving is disruptive. How're the kids taking it?

I read about you typing that pamphlet re:Islam. You're a better woman than I am - I'm pretty sure I would not have been able to do that. I know that we are to help our neighbour, but I know I would have had a hard time doing that. Have you ever heard of "POBLO"? That is People of the Book Lutheran Outreach. It is an outreach to Muslims. I think they are all over the world. I was involved with them recently with their mission work in Canada. There is a large Muslim/Asian population in our area and an enormous opportunity to bring the Good News to a lost people.

Thursday's Child said...

Well, it wasn't for someone who wanted it translated for recruiting converts. It was for someone who was translating it for his boss. The boss isn't interested in converting either, he just wanted to know what it said so as not to remain ignorant of any "situations" here.
It was good for me to understand what's being taught. This was published by a very conservative, fundamentalist who sounds nothing like my colleagues. Just like there are theological conservatives and liberals in Christianity, there are in Islam too.

Unashamed said...

Wanted to wish you all a blessed Easter!

Rita Loca said...

Hope the move went well. Did you tag me before my recent trip? I seem to remember that it was you.